Sunday, September 20, 2009

Getting Rid of Division


S - If a house is divided against itself, that house cannot stand"...In fact, no-one can enter a strong man's house and carry off his possessions unless he first ties up the strong man. Then he can rob his house" Mark
O - I was speaking on relationships and the Life Cycle in Sydney this weekend. What I learned is that the church has an incredible mandate to help educate, influence and transform individuals and families to become more Christlike, and therefore more healthy and moral. Neither families or individuals themselves will endure if they are divided. With families, division occurs primarily through conflict in relationships. In individuals the conflict occurs within the inner self. If shame, anger, bitterness, envy, pride, lust, and fear are allowed to dominate then, then that person will not stand. Jesus gives us a divine plan for recovery.
1. Identify the problem to be rid of
2. Bind up, tie up, or deal with it
3. Then get rid of it.
Families and individuals have to be open to this process and then recovery will occur.
A - I can think of nothing more exciting than to serve the family of God and to encourage unity and wholeness. But first I know I have to open myself continuously to the Holy Spirit's refining work in my life to create wholeness instead of division.
P - Lord help me to continue to be open to your Spirit so that I can be used by you, and not be the cause of division in my own life or in the life of others'. Amen
Daily Reading for Mark Chapters 2&3

No comments:

Post a Comment