Monday, November 23, 2009

Daily Journal for Tuesday 24th November 2009


TRUE FAMILY
S - Because you are Sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out "Abba" Father. So you are no longer a slave, but a son; and since you are a son, God has made you also an heir"
Gal 4:6-7
O - The context for this is Paul's reaffirmation that the law cannot produce righteousness and although it was given because of sin at the same time there was a promise of a "seed" given to Abraham, which was a reference to Christ. Because of Christ we have become God's children, By entering into a relationship with Him we are no longer slaves to the law, we have been set free. But astonishingly, God desires more than freedom for us, He desires that His Spirit the Spirit of his Son Jesus Christ, convicts and lives in our very hearts, so we may know awe are truly sons and daughters of God. This conviction of our Sonship is so strong (or should be), that we cry out! "Abba" Father. This is unheard of . This is radical. God wants an intimate, familial relationship with us, And more! He wants us as family,m to inherit all that is His.
A - I don't reflect upon my new position as a daughter and the inheritance that is mine nearly enough, I don't honour my parent, God himself, as my Father enough. I don't claim the full inheritance He has for me enough! I don't embrace this radical, intimate and privileged position enough!
P - Dear Father God, please forgive me for being a wild, ungrateful and so often untamable daughter. Help me to come back into deep relationship with you. Amen.
Daily Reading from Chapters Galatians 3-4.

1 comment:

  1. I read your posts and really enjoyed them. I have added myself as a follower. May God Bless You.

    ReplyDelete