Monday, September 14, 2009

Children in Need

S - And all the people yelled back, "We will take responsibility for his death - we and our children" Matthew 27:25
O - This is a mob reaction, A fervour of hate, mockery and ridicule against the Son of God. Only a few days earlier the same crowd was welcoming Jesus as King, with palm branches. Now they were prepared to take responsibility for his death. Even worse, they apportioned their guilt to their children as well. Almost like a badge of honour. There is such a sharp contrast between Our Saviour who is God himself, the Creator, who is being mocked and then killed, with the crowd, who are the created, doing the killing. They do not understand the condemnation they are heping on themselves and their children when they acknowledge they are responsible for the death of God. Has anything changed? Today, parents take responsibility for the death of God by not believing - and condemn their children also, by not encouraging them to believe.
O - How important it is to always tend to your faith and to always pray for, model and encourage your children to know and love Jesus. May it never be, that my faith dies; for if it does, I have nothing left to witness to my children.
P - Lord, whenever my walk becomes dispassionate help me to re-orient my life back towards you. Help me to remember that my children, no matter what age, are always watching and taking note of my faith. Help me to maintain my faith and to encourage my children. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment