Tuesday, September 1, 2009

A CLEANER RECEPTACLE

S –because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit; he will save His people from their sins; and they will call him , Immanuel – which means, “God with us.” Matthew 1:20b;21b; 23


O – It seems inconceivable that the God of the universe desires to be conceived within human beings (conceived within Mary, and now God is with us!). This is the greatest news and story ever told. No other philosophy, no other faith, no other religion has their God becoming so small, so intimate, so humbled, so emptied. God with us! God within us! He came to us in this way because He knew we would be lost without his closeness, his protection and freedom from the shocking and terrible bondage of sin. I have seen what this does in my life and other people’s lives and it is worse than death. His number one reason for coming was to save us from that terrible death. This is what it says here. God was conceived within Mary and by inference, and from other scriptures (Christ in us). we know we have a pathway to freedom and life abundant through confession of sins. Through His spirit living in us!


A – I need to think more intentionally and appreciate more wondrously of how intimate God is - He is in me! And He has made a way for me to live – not bound down by sin. To live truly free in every moment because I can continue to confess my sins and know that He is in me! (Immanuel). I need to be a cleaner receptacle for His spirit like Mary. I need to walk more intentionally measuring my days in the knowledge that my Saviour, my God is ever present residing in me.


P – Oh loving Jesus help me to have a more intimate ever present knowledge of your life within me. Help this body to become more and more a cleaner receptacle of your Holy Spirit I pray. Amen.


Daily Readings - Matthew 1-3

No comments:

Post a Comment