Sunday, September 20, 2009

The Secret To A Full and Victorious Life

S - "Consider carefully what you hear he continued, "With the measure you use it will be measured to you - and even more. "Whoever has will be given more and whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken from him" Mark 4:24-25

O - This scripture speaks to me of people I have observed over the years who take delight in gossiping or denigrating other people. The sad thing is that the more they do this the more they become isolated, embittered and miserable themselves. Its as if the measure they measure out to others comes back to them four fold. In contrast, I have met beautiful, encouraging and positive people who seem to experience a four fold blessing of love and grace in their own life despite circumstances. These people are far from isolated and can rely on a wealth of friends and meaningful relationships.

A - How significant it is to refuse to hear gossip and negatives and instead always be encouraging and giving to others. It is the secret to a full and victorious life.

P - Father in heaven, may you help me to always close my ears to gossip and to have my heart enlarged by you so that I can be a blessing to others in your Holy Name. Amen.

Daily Reading for Friday Septemeber 18th Mark 4-5

No comments:

Post a Comment