Tuesday, September 1, 2009

A Radical Perspective


S - "In everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets" Matthew 7:12

O - Its so easy to overlook the significance and the startling reality of this scripture. In everything. These words are a directive to cause me to be considerate of the "other", at all times, in all places, in every task, in every action, thought and attitude. In truth, the person I am most concerned about at all times - in everything is me!. If i am totally honest it is "I" who is most precious. It is "I" who I perceive through the lens of my feelings, my experience, my assessments, my comfort. What a radical perspective - that if I were to take that indulgent preciousness I have about myself, and consider others in the same way - in everything - what a difference this world would be. What a world! No wonder Jesus Christ is so radical.

A - To become more aware of my thought life and perspective when I am with others. How are they feeling? What are they experiencing? How can I serve them better?

P - Jesus, help me to continue to die to self and be more and more aware of other people and their lives. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment